ShopClock can Accrue Vacation, Sick, and PTO Hours On the Basis of Hours Worked or a Fixed Amount Per Pay Period.
Whenever an employee is selected (by clicking on that employees name) they become the current employee. The current employees available vacation, sick, PTO hours as well as any Uncompensated time used are displayed to the right of the current employees name. The total shown on each of the buttons is the running total of all the time accrued minus the hours used.
Clicking on any of the buttons displaying the currently available hours brings up the Managed Time Journal for the current employee and that type of managed time. The journal displays the details behind the total number of hours available. You can see when hours were accrued (or added) and when they were used or allocated via the Managed Time Calendar.
The Administrator can add or delete hours by clicking on the appropriate buttons below the journal and can even delete journals entries or clear the journal entirely by using the tools at the bottom of the journal. Although the employees can view and print this journal, they can not make any changes.
The Accrual Wizards add the accrued hours the this journal, approving or allocating hours subtracts time.
The Accrual Wizards
The Accrual wizards give you a lot of control over the accrual process.
- You can use either Regular Hours Worked or All Hours Worked (which includes overtime) in the accrual process.
- You can choose to use either the calendar year or a year begriming on each employees employment anniversary as the basic accrual period.
- Managed time can be accrued on the basis of a fraction of an hour for each hour worked, or on the basis of a fixed numb of hours per pay period.
- Managed time can be accrued (and made available for the employees use) at the end of each pay period or at the end of the accrual year.
- You can specify a maximum amount that can be accrued each year. This, of course can be different for each employee and each type of managed time (Vacation,Sick, and PTO).
- You can specify a different Eligibility Date for of the three wizards (Vacation, Sick, PTO) and of course each employee.The kind of Accrual Period and kind of hours used by the Accrual
- Wizards are the same for all employees and and wizards. Choose by clicking on the desired selection. The Eligibility date
This is the date upon which the employee begins to accrue managed time benefits. All of any pay period which is closed after the Eligibility Date will be processed
The Eligibility date
This is the date upon which the employee begins to accrue managed time benefits. All of any pay period which is closed after the Eligibility Date will be processed.
How to Calculate The Per Hour Worked Accrual Rate
This can be calculated by dividing the hours of managed time by the hours it should take to accrue it
The ShopClock Accrual Wizards are based on the notion that the employees will receive a certain amount of vacation, sick, or PTO (Paid Time Off) for each hour they have worked during some period of time. There are undoubtedly many ways to calculate how much time should be give for each hour worked. The following is an example which will at least illustrate how to use the wizards.
First the assumptions; assume that the employee will normally work 2080 hours a year (52 weeks times 40 hours per week), and that you want to give them 2 weeks or 80 hours of vacation time per year. Subtract the amount of vacation time from the hours per year ( 2080 - 80 = 2000). In other words for every 2000 hours they work, the should get 80 hours of vacation time. Now calculate the Accrual Rate by dividing the hours of vacation time by the hours it should take to accrue it (80/2000 = .04) In other words for each hour that they work, they will accrue .04 hours of vacation time. Enter the accrual rate into the appropriate box.
How to Calculate Per Pay Period Accrual Rate
If you prefer to give a fixed number of hours per year (without basing it on the number of hours worked), just divide the desired number of hours by the number of pay periods in the year; and enter that number in the box to the right of the Per Pay Period selection button.
The Maximum Number of Hours Per Year
You can limit the time that is accrued by setting the maximum limit in these boxes. For example, if the Max Hrs/Yr for Vacation time is set to 80. the employee will not accrue over 80 hours no matter how many hours are worked, and no matter how generous the accrual rate is. Setting this number to zero disables this feature and allows managed time to grow without limit.
Processing - Accruing Managed Time.
The wizards always process a year of pay periods ending on the date entered in this section (it always defaults to Today's Date). If you have selected the Calendar Year as the your accrual period, the year will always start on January 1st and all employees will have the same accrual year. All Pay Periods closed between the first of the year and the ending date will be processed. If you have selected to base the accrual year on the employees Employment Anniversary date, each employee will have a different accrual period. You can examine these periods by stepping through each employee. Either way all of closed pay period which fall within the accrual year will be processed each time the button is clicked. this process can be repeated as many times as necessary. Each time the pay period is process the journals are updated to reflect the current settings.
There are three ways in which the wizards can be used to accrue managed time:
- At the end of Pay Period. (this keeps the journals up to date) To run the wizards for all employees just click on the button on the right after each pay period is closed, or check the box to run the wizards automatically whenever a pay period is closed.
- At the end of the calendar year. Use the same button at the end of each calendar year./
- Process each employees on the employees Employment Anniversary, or shortly after the employee's employment anniversary process the data for only the "Current Employee by clicking on the button on the left hand side of the processing section.
The wizards can be run as often as needed, so if they are not as desired, make the necessary changes to the setup section and run the wizard again.
The Calendar report
The Calendar report is a list of the Approved Time Off sessions for any particular employee or group of employees between any two dates.Essentially all the employees listed in the Add/Edit/Select grid will be included, so use the filters to filter in those you want on the report.
The Time Off Calendar Report
This report is a good way for department supervisors to look at the "Holes" they need to fill in the coming month. Or it can be used just to list a single employees approved time off.