Why ShopClock is the Best Time Card Calculator.
ShopClock is a small business Time Card Calculator published by Pacific Rim Software Inc. ShopClock, is easy to setup and implement. ShopClockPlus adds department and shift tracking (so employees can be paid according to which department/shift they work). Both versions can manage (and accrue) vacation, sick, and PTO.
ShopClock4 runs on Windows Vista Pro, Windows 7, Windows 8 Pro, and Windows 10. Windows Server 2003 and all newer Windows Servers.
How ShopClock Works:
- Our Time Card Calculator collects the time clock data as employees clock in and out on their computers.
- Calculates Regular Hours and Overtime hours (based on your work week) and the rules in your state.
- Includes Vacation, Sick, PTO, Bereavement, Holiday, and Uncompensated time off.
- Exports the data to QuickBooks, SurePayroll, PayChex, and other payroll programs.
- Daily and weekly subtotals on the on screen time card grid.
- Hours can be displayed in Hours:Minutes:Seconds, Hours:Minutes, or Decimal hours.
- Call lights (on each session note) which can be turned on by the employees to alert the administrator to problems.
- A status bar located above the Add/Edit/Select Employee grid which shows the status of Time-Off Requests, Clock out issues, and Call lights.
- The seconds part of the hour:minute:seconds displayed on the Time In and Time Out columns can now be dropped (seconds are still included in all calculations).
- A Company Bulletin which employees see when they open their time cards.
- The Phrases used on key dialogs that can be customized for non-English speaking employees
- A calendar report has shows everyone (or any particular person) with any kind of scheduled time off for every day in the selected range.
ShopClock4 is very easy to setup and use, and is perfect for organizations that do not pay department or shift differentials. In fact, departments are optional and do not even need to be used. However, if the Departments Option is used, each employee can be assigned to a department; the reports can then be run for a particular department and holiday hours can be assigned by department.
ShopClock4 uses the same payroll items (Regular Hours, Overtime Hours, Vacation Hours, Sick Hours, etc) for all departments. And, the settings for tracking Paid Breaks, Unpaid Breaks, and Lunches apply globally to all departments, as does your choice for handling missed clock outs.
ShopClock4Plus setup is more involved, but you have much more control. We moved all the break and lunch tracking options to the department level. These settings can now be different for each department. All of the payroll items (used when the data is exported) can be set at the department level.
Each Department can have up to three shifts. The shifts each be:
- up to 24 hours long,
- can over lap each other,
- and can start and end on different days.
Because ShopClock-plus knows when the shifts begin and end it has options such as
- SnapTo, which solves the problem of employees clocking in "Just a few minutes early"
- Rounding, Yes, we have it - but SnapTo is a far better solution
- Supervisor - Time Card Approval,
- Grace Periods
- Multiple password protected supervisor accounts,
- and a complete audit trail.